Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ruth's Chris

We were invited to attend the pre-grand opening dress rehearsal of the Ruth's Chris Restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City, including a tour of the place, visiting with the owners, planners, managers etc. Jerry Sloan, coach of the Utah Jazz was there. I gave him a thumbs up and he gave me a big Sloan smile. There were other Salt Lake icons in and out. The atmosphere was great with a Dixieland band. The remodel of the location which was previously a bank is really tasteful. Being friends with one of the co-owners he described it as a miracle come true considering where they were 6 months ago.

The food was great. You can see that great effort is expended in preparing, presenting and delivering the food. I had some gumbo which was fantastic, the side orders, the appetizers and the entree were great. For dessert a wicked Chocolate Duo finished off the entire experience. I know I can't go every week to this fine restaurant but it is always going to be at the top of my list for special occasions. It is located on the corner of West Temple and 300 South in Salt Lake City. I give it a hearty thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment