Thursday, December 1, 2011

East Wind



We had a big east wind blowing last night, through the morning and it is finally settling down a little this afternoon. Hundreds of trees are down, power has been out and even one house fire that I saw that started after a tree fell on the house in Bountiful, Ut. My dad lost most of his barn roof, power is still off in most of Centerville, UT. A big spruce in Farmington, UT that has been decorated every Christmastime for years by the Neumann family near the Farmington Cemetery came down.

Driving on I-15 in Davis County I saw about a dozen big rigs on their sides. They are starting to clean that up as I type this out. This area is known for some big east wind events from time to time. You get high pressure to the north and east of Utah and low pressure in the Four Corners area and happens. We're not alone though, it looks like California and all parts between here and there have had some strong winds with damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment