Saturday, April 28, 2012

White Guilt

I came across this little book the other day and to tell you the truth I don't know how.  But I read it today.  It is 180 pages of fascinating light thrown on a subject I have wondered about from my observations of life and people.  As I examine diversity and multiculturalism and all the PC stuff that is a part of life now I feel it has been much more destructive in human relations than anything I have seen or experienced.  This book White Guilt:  How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era by Shelby Steele is worth your time.  He talks of dissociation and the loss of moral authority because of conscious decisions that came about between the races and was inculcated in just about ever venue of life.  Read it.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment