Saturday, September 15, 2012

In The Reredorter at Abravanel Hall

We had the chance to attend the Utah Symphony performance last night.  It was Rachmaninoff and it was wonderful.  Prior to the performance I was in need of using the facility.  Walking in I approached the area dedicated to the males of our species to relieve renal byproduct.  As you can imagine there were already others participating in that delicate activity.  As I passed behind one man he was proudly, I assume proudly because he did not appear shy in the least, discharging methanic pressure in a loud, unabashed manner.  There was no delicacy here, take my word for it.  I suppose he fancied himself challenging the big brass bass player.  Frankly, I hadn't experience such a performance in such a place in such a manner before.  I am not sure, but I think the pitch of the notes were about a D in the bass cleff.  The whole performance would have demanded an encore if there had been 12 year old Boy Scouts there.  We mature symphony goers didn't even snicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment