Sunday, November 23, 2014

What Goes Around...

Thursday I had a fine gentlemen in my office for our professional services.  He is well spoken, a WWII veteran, along with his brother who is also a client.  As I finished my time with him he asked me a question.  "Has anyone ever bought you lunch anonymously?"  I answered that I cannot ever remember having that happen to me.  Being honest with him I said I had done it to others on quite a few occasions.

He described what happened.  Earlier in the day he was at a dermatologist office.  Two young missionaries came in.  He got up, handed them a $20 bill and told them to have lunch on him.  Later in the day he was going to lunch.  After failing to get any friends of his interested in going he went alone to the Village Inn in Bountiful.  He ordered and was enjoying his lunch.  After a while one of the servers was seen talking to his server, kind of glancing at him.  Evidently, there were a couple of ladies who saw him walk in, sit down, order and commence eating his meal.  They had their server get his bill and paid it.  They left before he was aware of what was going on.

He had such a nice smile on his face as he related this story to us.  He said it was so touching that two women would buy lunch for an old man.  So with that, Happy Thanksgiving Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment