Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cold Day In....Promontory

We spent yesterday up near the Golden Spike National Historic Site. My daughter in law Melissa has a rather active family. Her uncle Tom and his friend Cort, her Dad and brother, a friend, and she, Ben, Joyce and I drove out to Promontory to shoot guns. They had ATV's but it was a cold, windy day as you can see from our attire so they weren't used much. Joyce is trying her luck shooting the clay discs with a 20 gauge shotgun as is Ben. We later took out the Glock 19 and the Springfield .45 and tried to hit discs from 45 yards. That was a waste of ammunition but it was fun. Some of the other weapons included a black powder muzzle loader, a little .22 Baretta, I had my 12 gauge and hit more targets than I ever have.

The best way to finish a day like this would probably be to head back home to Farmington through Brigham City's Main Street, reminiscing of the years I spent there visiting my grandparents and then stopping in Perry at Maddox for a late afternoon lunch. So we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment