Saturday, March 24, 2012

Stiff

I am not terribly squeamish when it comes to the human body. Unless of course it is my body with blood coming out of it or suffering some kind of pain. We all have an understanding that eventually all living things on this planet eventually go through the unavoidable gate we call death.

I was introduced to this book Stiff by Mary Roach via a friend. It was published some years ago but is still a fresh examination of the many different ways a human being experiences life (can I say that?) after he or she dies.

It talks of medical research, education, forensics, death facts and fables, ancient practices with the dead, new ways of handling the deceased and all at times in an amusing and entertaining way. Would you like to be fertilizer for and apple tree. This books explains the easiest and best way to do that. I recommend this book and give it at least 3 out of 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment