Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Glory of Their Times

I have read a lot of books over the years on baseball.  I would be hard pressed to come up with one that is better than this classic.  Honestly, I had never heard of this book before, but I came across the title in some blog and decided to check it out.  It is a fantastic read for anyone who has some appreciation for the history of baseball in the United States.  The author followed through with a personal desire to interview baseball players who played in the early 1900's.  So in the early 60's he sought out some of these old timers, traveling thousands of miles and spending a few years of his time.  He tape recorded the interviews and with little editing he has created a timeless baseball masterpiece.  This is one I give a heart felt recommendation.  It would be a great Father's Day gift for any dad who loves baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment