Sunday, September 12, 2010

Evil Policies Don't Help People

I do not like to post entire articles that I have read on the web. I link to some from time to time but I would like to place this post via American Thinker. Every post by Lloyd Marcus that I have read has been enlightening and heartfelt.

September 12, 2010

Evil Democrat Paradigms

By Lloyd Marcus
Here are two paradigms which evil, divisive Democrats have shamefully promoted and exploited for years: one, white men are burning the midnight oil thinking of ways to keep blacks down; and two, all rich white people are selfish, evil, and deserving of punishment.

No Democrat president has sold the "you have too little because the rich have too much" message better than Barack Obama, which led to angry protesters picketing the homes of corporate executives. Democrats are masters at creating a hated "bad guy" to further their agenda.

As a black man, I wish to share a few of my life experiences which crush the paradigm that allwhites are committed to keeping blacks down.

When I was 15, I wanted to attend art college on weekends. I wrote a letter to my (white) senator. When I arrived home from school one day, my mom said our senator stopped by, saw the sign I was painting for our teen dance, and decided to give me a scholarship.

I wrote a letter to then-Baltimore mayor William Donald Schaeffer for a scholarship. Imagine this nervous 15-year-old black kid from the ghetto, dressed in my Sunday best and my artwork between two pieces of cardboard as a portfolio, sitting in the mayor's huge office. My artwork was spread over his massive carved oak desk. Schaeffer was kind and easy to talk to. He became annoyed by interruptions and instructed his secretary to hold his calls. We talked for an hour or so. A few weeks later, I received a scholarship to the Maryland Institute College of Art.

When I was a young man in the U.S. Army stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, my pregnant wife and I were seeking a loan. The clerk said we needed a co-signer. A (white) captain, overhearing the conversation, said, "I'll co-sign for you!" I said, "But sir, you don't even know me." He replied, "You seem like a nice enough feller."

After college, I went job hunting for a position as a graphic designer. Upon viewing my portfolio, (white) businessman John Halechak did not offer me a job. Instantly, he gave me office space, a room in a high-rent office building, to start my own business.

So there you have it: a few personal anecdotes that are also antidotes to the Democrat narrative that white America tries to keep us blacks down and in our place.

As for the Democrats' relentless attacks and insistence that we hate the rich, had Mr. Halechak not been well-off, he would not have been in a position to help me. Still, Democrats want to, as Obama said, "spread the wealth around" -- which really means redistribution of other peoples' hard-earned money. Then we will all be equally just barely getting by.

U.S. unemployment has risen to a postwar historical high, and our economy is diving downward. The Obama administration could turn things around by simply creating a friendlier atmosphere towards business and not raising taxes. Economics 101 says that the higher you tax an activity, the less people will indulge in that activity. Reagan proved that lowering taxes generates more activity, which generates more revenue for the government.

Obama and company are locked in their paradigm that the rich are selfish SOBs deserving of punishment. Obama plans to end the Bush tax cuts, spinning that they benefit only the rich.

A tax cut across the board for all Americans would tremendously boost our economy. Unfortunately, the Democrats' insane hatred, demonization, and jealousy of the rich compels them to sink the entire ship of America rather than save one rich person.

These two evil Democrat-promoted paradigms -- white men oppose black success and the rich are SOBs -- are deeply ingrained in the psyche of many Americans.

However, I learned years ago, while serving in the U.S. Army, that good people and jerks come in all colors.

As for hating the rich, the Bible says, "Thou shall not covet." With the exception of a few Ted Kennedys and John Kerrys in this world, most of the rich worked hard to get to where they are. Rather than hating them, I want to learn from them.

Once, a dear friend was in danger of losing his home. I was not in a financial position to help. All of my sympathy and good intentions could not help him -- he needed cash. Wealth is a very good thing.

Lloyd Marcus
Spokesperson/Entertainer of Tea Party Movement & Tea Party Express.
The American Tea Party Anthem CD/album.
Confessions of a Black Conservative, foreword by Michelle Malkin.
President,
NAACPC (National Association for the Advancement of Conservative People of ALL Colors).
Join Lloyd Marcus
Facebook Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment