Saturday, October 9, 2010

City Creek Canyon

I took off this morning for a quick ride up City Creek Canyon on the bike. I have never done it before so I had a little trepidation because whenever one hears the word "canyon" one thinks of a long uphill climb. My friend Paul who also fabricates my removable prosthetics ie dentures for my clients is a big time biker; big time. He went with me and actually thought it would be a great idea for me to do it. It is a beautiful ride right now. Leaves are different colors and it is cool. We took off from the State Capitol area at 9 AM and made it to the top of the road in 59 minutes. He said that wasn't too bad for a first time rider like myself. I did have to stop for about a minute and catch my breath and walk but it was just for a minute. What a workout! Coming down we were topping out at 30 mph for a few stretches, but you have to be careful because there is moisture on the road with leaves and stuff so it is possible to 'biff it' big time. Anyway, I had a beautiful look at City Creek, I had a tough ride for me and I am ready to go for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment