Friday, October 8, 2010

Younger, or Where is the Fountain of Youth

I have had some aches and pains lately. My worst is my right shoulder, the casualty of a small fall on my bike when I didn't get my shoes unclipped from the pedals. I have been trying to stay in decent shape but I have an affinity to ice cream and cookies-fresh ones that are soft with a glass of milk. Hence I have more of me than I want to admit, but nobody seems willing to call me fat.

I came across this book somehow, I forget. But the story is I read it last Saturday and Sunday and I"ll be darned if it doesn't have some fascinating precepts and ideas. I have been involved in Body for Life and some other things to try and keep the muscles up to snuff. Frankly most of the suggestions and directions that come from these kinds of books are similar. This one though has a philosophy of life that I had not considered but as I think more about it, it is obvious that these guidelines will help us much more than just about anything. Read it. Think about it. The tough part--well your part time job until you retire and your full time job when you retire is to exercise your body at least six days a week and DON'T EAT CRAP! That is a small sample of what they have to say but there is more and it is worth the 5 or 6 hours it takes to get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment