Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkins in the Fall

What an absolutely wonderful season of the year. Fall on the Wasatch Front. Here you can see the vista as we look from the Pack Pumpkin Patch down Glover's Lane in Farmington, UT. The view is eastward towards Farmington Canyon. The foliage has pretty much changed in the mountains and the colors are working their way down on the valley flower. My grandsons and our daughter Becki have spent the night with us and the morning. Her husband Kyle had a rough night shift in the ICU at the U of U hospital. We took the boys down to see the pumpkins and try their luck at the Hay Maze. It is free of charge. The only things you pay for are the pumpkins that can be selected from the field. They have little carts you can push out there and load the pumpkins, 25 cents a pound. We headed over to Taco Time for lunch. As we left after eating the oldest grandson Weston complained that he didn't feel good. Projectile vomit at the entrance to the store. Not a savory advertisement for the quality of the food I guess. I think the real culprit was the four hands full of jelly beans he had just before going to the Farm. I did have the chance to play a quick round of 18 holes early. Finished in 1 hour 19 minutes time. What a crisp morning! I could see my breath, but there was no frost on the pumpkin, so to speak. The 5:30 am workout slowed me down a little I think. Man, I have a lot of fall gardening to get done though. Extract the annuals, get the weeds down, Preen the beds, light fertilizer. No rest for the wicked I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment