Saturday, February 13, 2010

Housing and Politics

I have wondered how the housing prices have been doing. This graph was posted on Powerline so I offer it here. Man, that sure is a big bubble in the late 1990's to 2007 or so. Being a layman and down in the mouth I noticed that the housing market was HOT and everything was going up, but I did not know it was like this. We had a mortgage processing office in our building. I noticed that more and more people were working there in tight quarters. One day I noticed there was hardly anyone there. I asked the manager what the deal was and she said the market on the sub-prime loans that they handle totally collapsed. I didn't understand the ramifications of that at the time. Having read Architects of Ruin by Peter Schweizer I understand now what has happened. I recommend it to anyone who wants to know more. It seems pretty evident that our government officials seem to think that the answer to everything is a program that they run and control and it does the same to our lives--except they don't do a very good job of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment