Thursday, February 25, 2010

I MIiiiiiiis Johnny

With all the turmoil and uncertainty in the world it is easy to try and lose one's self back in the safe and comfortable time of life as a child and youth. I was thinking about this the other day. And I suddenly realized how much I missed Johnny Carson. The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson was a show I watched as a kid almost every Friday night. Never did I understand how much I took it for granted. There is nothing like it on TV now and I doubt there ever can be. Thank goodness for YouTube. For fun watch this, this or this.

I know there are not the special effects that are on TV now, but they did not need them then. Johnny was the special effect. Go ahead, go to YouTube, search on Johnny Carson and watch some of the stuff there. I bet you have a hard time quitting in less than an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment