Saturday, April 3, 2010

Baseball Card of the Week

Today the Final Four play to decide who will play for the NCAA national championship. Also, Spring Training is winding up and soon opening day for the major league season will be here. It seems fitting to recognize this player. Dave DeBusschere was a decent pitcher in the major leagues, but in the off season was a player-coach for the Detroit Pistons. He was eventually traded to the New York Knickerbockers where he was a corner stone with the great Knicks teams. It is rare to see a two sport player in professional major league sports but this guy did it well. Dave was named one of the top 50 players in NBA history. You can read about him here. I look forward to the baseball season, not because I necessarily follow the leagues so much anymore, but because it is warmer and I can occasionally lose myself in the memories of my youth when baseball was king and many of the stars of yesteryear were my heroes. I have to say GO BUTLER though. An underdog winner would be great today in the NCAA Final Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment