Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Am Inside the Beltway

Here I am at the Vietnam War Memorial on the Mall. There are some interesting things going on. Evidently a bunch of world leaders are in town to try and decide if it is a good idea if nuclear weapons are popping up all over the world. I think it probably isn't a good idea. The roads are blocked off in the area towards the White House. I was walking on the Ellipse and wanted to get a good shot of the South side of the White House. The authorities informed me the sidewalk was closed, I had to head towards the Washington Monument and then make my way back to my hotel. I was kind of walking on that big lawn and the said part of the lawn was closed too. I didn't know how to close lawn to walking without flags, or cones or white chalk lines, but evidently I was suppose to intuit that the lawn was closed. I did get a shot of the building and evening got some of the roof top snipers in the picture. I'll post later that shot. I went to McDonalds for dinner because it was close to the hotel, and I thought fast. Wrong! Everything is run like a federal program here. It was about 15 minutes for the #1 Value Meal. I look out of my hotel window and there is the old and venerable Willard Hotel. I wonder if Peacock Alley is still there. I can't go see because, well as I said before everything is blocked off. Tomorrow I arise early, go to Baltimore to tour the National Museum of Dentistry and then return for afternoon sessions of the American Dental Association Leadership Conference. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment