Saturday, March 20, 2010

Baseball Card of the Week


Don Mossi was a reliever for almost his entire major league career. His stats were not spectacular. As a boy what impressed me about his baseball card was firstly his last name, Mossi. I wondered if he had moss on him somewhere. There other characteristic which cannot be ignored were his ears. Don had really big ears and if you examine the three cards on display today you will notice that it did not matter what year you are looking at his ears are plenty big. I wonder if he was susceptible to earaches on those chilly, windy early Spring days. I don't know if he ever grew into those, but being someone who was sort of teased for having big ears most of my youth I can sympathize with him. You can read about his career here.


No comments:

Post a Comment