Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bad Boy Friend

I got a call from a lady who was referred to my office from a women's shelter that we do some pro bono dentistry for from time to time. She showed up with this tooth. She said her boyfriend hit her in the mouth about 10 PM the night before. She called EMS and they showed up with the police. He is in jail. Well, this tooth is history. We extracted it and we'll get a tooth in there in a few days when all the gum tissue heals up. I asked her if the guy was worth it and she said she didn't think so now. I remember in elementary school we learned that boys don't hit girls. I guess some guys never learned that lesson. The book The War Against Boys should be required reading for those who are trying to figure out why the boys are not growing up to be men anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment