Monday, August 9, 2010

What Should I Have Done?

I have always said that if you hang around long enough you will see about everything. One of my favorite pastimes is watching people. The assumption is granted that there are people watching me from time to time. Today I was eating lunch at a sandwich emporium and a couple came in; a rather attractive young lady and a young man. They wore matching shirts that declared their occupation--a lawn service. After a while the young woman retired to the rest room. Coming out what did I observe but a small length of toilet tissue dangling down her back. What should I do in this case ladies? Should I have pointed it out? I had just a second or two to make the decision. I demurred. Fortunately she moved her shirt around a little bit and it almost covered the tissue totally, thereby eliminating the possibility of tissue embarrassment. I could have reach out and grabbed it off of her quite easily and she may not have noticed, but what if there was something still on it? It was a conundrum, something my slowing mind could not solve.

UPDATE: After thinking about it for a while, I should have gently called her over to ask about her yard service and then quietly pointed out her situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment