Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Progression of Twins

With the recent passing of my wife's mother there have been a lot of boxes and things that we are going through. I found some pictures of my wife and her twin sister. Many of them I have never seen before. They range from the beginning of their lives to just about the present time. Some of you know one or both of them and have on occasion wondered which one is which. As you can see from these pictures they are easy to tell apart. I don't have any trouble at all. I may get in trouble telling past secrets but as teenagers and in college if one had a date with some one and then somebody else asked for a date, sometimes one would get the other to "cover" for her so the poor beau would think he was out with one and he was out with the other. This didn't happen often, but it was known to happen. Sometimes in junior high and high school they would trade classes and one would take a test for the other. It is kind of fun to think of those sorts of hijinks. When I met my wife her sister was already married, had borne one child and was just weeks away from having the second. It was really easy to tell them apart then. We were married about 6 months after our first date; I remember it was December 12, 1978. Our wedding day was June 29, 1979. We are still at it. We take it one day at a time.





No comments:

Post a Comment