Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Granddaughter Is On the Way

We received word yesterday that our daughter is expecting a daughter--that is if the ultrasound is correct. Sometimes the stem on the apple gets bent and you can't see it. Nevertheless, we are expecting a girl. My daughter is happy, her husband is happy (about 17 years from now that may change), grandma is happy and I'm happy. Now this is the funny part, it was not less than 2 hours after hearing the news and my sweet wife just had to stop at Nordstrom Rack. How do I know this? Well, she said to me, "Do you want to see something cute?" Taking the bait I said, "Sure." She brought out some outfits she picked up, some shoes, socks; I think you get the picture. I told her if she starts buying this stuff now our daughter will not have any room for it in her house. The baby is due in about 20 weeks but I know this due date stuff is not an exact science, it just gets you in the ball park. I assume at least 20 more visits to different emporiums in order to get this young lass on the way to an adequate wardrobe for the typical female inhabitant of Gaia. They are cute though with frills, ruffles and bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment